Are you getting the recognition you deserve? Do you have the support from your leadership team that allows the opportunity to produce and generate a healthy income, along with a feeling of fulfillment and satisfaction with a job well done? Want to be part of a company that trains, supports growth and development, and awards its technicians? Perhaps you would like to become a partner in a growing company.
Motor Werke is an independent European workshop in the beautiful Okanagan Valley, BC. We currently have 9 service bays and over 20 team members to serve one another and our community of customers. Our Red Seal Technicians enjoy a variety of brands, as well as the challenge of diagnostic, service, maintenance, and repair work to keep their skill sharp as well as provide the opportunity to earn a healthy bonus each month.
- Clean and bright shop
- Your own computer with dual screens & tablet
- Digital vehicle inspections (tablet based)
- A fleet of 15 European model courtesy cars
- Customer shuttles, and pick-up/drop-off services
- Apprentice support provided for assistance
- Factory and aftermarket scan tools for all brands we service
- Hunter tire machines
- Hunter alignment machine, Hawk Eye Elite with In-ground Scissor Lift
- Tool crib of special tools
- Online tech support, All Data, Identifix, ProDemand, & Factory Subscriptions
We are interested in learning more about you, your personal and professional goals and what motivates you. At Motor Werke, we understand that our people are the most important part of a company, as they are the core and foundation of everything. Nothing happens in our business until our people make execute and deliver, our talented and skilled technicians are the cornerstone of our success.
What We Are Looking For
- Self-motivated individuals who are willing to learn and succeed in our industry.
- Team members who take pride in their work.
- Demonstrate initiative, invest time in their own future, and have the drive to accelerate their career.
- Technicians who want to create opportunities for themselves and their colleagues & the greater good of the company.
- A shared passion for automobiles.
- A positive and progressive attitude that is contagious.
- A willingness to continuously learn and grow, even if there is no desire to get into management. That is ok, we have technicians who love being technicians.
- Individuals who may be excited to be trained up to a position in management, leadership, and partnership opportunities.
- A great work ethic and ability to respect your work area, the shop, and our customer vehicles.
- A team player mentality, willing to ‘help first’ at all times.
What We Offer
Do you love dogs, cars, and good food with good people….? Motor Werke is a company of individuals who are smart, funny, hard-working, and driven and we love eating lunch together every week during our company-sponsored meals.
- Team lunches every week
- Team outings every quarter
- Family discounts on parts and labour
- Personal shop usage, evenings and weekends
- Boot & tool allowance
- Weekends off
- Dedicated parts professional
- Extended health benefits
- Competitive wages
- Performance bonuses
- Paid training throughout the year
- No layoffs over winter
- RRSP & RESP company match contributions
- Camaraderie, and support, with personalized career path development programs
Imagine an environment where all your co-workers work the same way.
We believe that our core values are the single most important thing that helps our team stay focused on what really matters, as well as providing clarity through the challenges & opportunities we face together every month. Our values ultimately create traction in our company.
Fun – Can-do attitude, Positive Energy, No drama.
Help First – Team Player, Supportive & Caring.
Above & Beyond – Do what it takes, Committed, Hungry for Achievement.
Do the right thing – Honest, Transparent & Responsible.
Humbly Confident – Genuine, Know your craft, Be vulnerable.
Growth Mindset – Ambitious, Driven, Determined
The Position – Certified Technician:
A Technician’s role is to effectively and efficiently diagnose, inspect, repair, and service all vehicles, specializing in European and Import vehicles. While maintaining a clean and safe working environment, A Red Seal Technician is also responsible for creating motivation and a safe place to learn for their peers. Here are a few of the roles with the position of a certified technician:
- Follow all MW policies, procedures, and checklists.
- Perform digital vehicle inspections using Protractor & AutoFlow tablet-based software. Perform repairs, services, and maintenance to ensure the vehicle is completed accurately, every car, every time.
- Diagnose customer concerns accurately and efficiently, using advanced special tools, and diagnostic information references from several online subscriptions that are available at Motor Werke.
- Complete quality control checks & inspections to ensure that the car is 100% before it leaves our facility.
- Communicate effectively with the customer care team, technical team members, and directly with our customers. Complete work order documentation thoroughly and accurately.
- Ensure the shop’s cleanliness and safety standards are upheld at all times, a clean, well-organized shop is important to everyone.
- Actively participate in personal development and training, as well as our policies and procedures. We listen, respect, and validate your opinion. Your input is expected and valued.
- Maintain your individual efficiency. A Red Seal with over 5 years of experience is expected to be 100% or more each month.
Experience, education, and qualifications:
- High School Diploma required.
- Driver’s License without multiple infractions.
- Certified Red Seal Technician or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of experience.
- Effective computer and typing skills.
- Compensation & Contacting Us:
- $32 – $40 per hour with a bonus based on experience and performance.
Sign On & relocation bonuses are available, inquire with us to learn more. Check us out at motorwerke.ca, message us on IG, FB or LinkedIn (addresses) Text 250.869.0269 or Email us at [email protected]